Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Nadir: Sense and Sensibility

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Alone?" a voice greeted from behind.

I turned back and saw Adam, smiling. He was holding a tray full of food. This guy must have a good appetite.

"Care if I joined?" he asked, politely.

I nodded. Frankly, I wasn't really in a good mood of chatting. I just wished to finish up my meal and straight away went to my first class.

Adam put down his tray and sat opposed to me. I didn't ever bother to look at him. Somehow he just jolted my memory to my first killed, and I didn't want to be reminded of it.

I knew he noticed that I didn't show any interest in starting a conversation, so he initiated it. "Your first class is history?"

"Huh?" I understood exactly what he meant, but I was kinda shocked that he knew what my first class would be. Was this guy digging me out?

Adam smiled. "You write it on your paper," he said, pointed to my file.

"Oh." Now only I reailzed how he found out. I felt stupid for thinking that he was eyeing me. I gave him a quick smile. I was done with my meal and ready to move when Adam suddenly stopped me.

"Do you know that we have a masquerade party tonight?" he asked.

"Nope," I replied. I didn't care if there was any.

Adam smiled again. "Would you like to go with me?" he threw out the question.

I was startled. Me? Going to a masquerade party? I must be out of my mind. "Thanks, but no thanks. I don't do dancing, nor having a costume to wear."

His expression changed. Perhaps he was never been turned down before. "Well, if you changed your mind..."

"Okay, I'll go," I answered before he could finish off his sentence. I saw Mark at the end of the corner. I didn't know why, but I felt like I have to accept his invitation to prove something to Mark.

Adam seemed confused with my sudden changed of answer. "Err.. I fetch you at 8?"

"8 sounds perfect to me." I didn't have to wait for his response. I just went away, leaving Adam with his confusion.

-to be continued-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home