Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Nadir: Strictly Dormitory

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

H21172 - Finally, after hours of orientation, I was given my own room, my own privacy. Actually it was a twin sharing room, meaning that I would have a roommate. Apart of me was excited to meet a new friend, since I didn't have any besides Mark. Who knew we might be bosom friends. However, another half of me was rejecting her already. What if she got into my way? Well, I could easily destroy her, said my nasty thought. Yes, that's exactly what I would do if she became such a troublesome.

I unpacked all of my things and started to arrange them in the locker provided when I heard footstep approached closer and closer. I listened very carefully where it headed to. With the training I'd been through, I could easily tell it was heading towards my room. And my judgement was 100% accurate, the sound of footstep stopped right in front of my door. I watched closely as the door knob was twisted, waiting patiently for whoever might enter.

A girl, about my age, with a serene look appeared from the opened door. "Hello!" She greeted me with her friendly appeal.

"Hi," I replied, short and neutral.

"I'm Natalie Cork, you can call me Nat," she introduced herself. She paused for a while and scanned through me. "Oh my gosh! You are so gorgeous. I wish I could have your pretty look and beautiful auburn hair," she said, full of admiration.

Her praise stunned me for a few seconds. Nobody ever expressed such a pleasant comment to me, and this was so least expected from a stranger whom I met for less than a second. Crypticvilleans were really weirdos, something that I can conclude after being here for three-quarter of the day.

"Did I say something that I shouldn't?" she asked, upon my silence.

"No, of course you didn't," I looked at her and continued, "I'm Izabelle, and you can call me Izzy." I tried to be friendly as well.

"Oh, Izabelle, what a divine name. I could say I've already envied you." There she went again with her obsession towards me. "You know what, I think we can be great friends."

I nodded. Or it could be worse. I worked back on my things, before I became more annoyed by her complimentary attitude. But Natalie was just being Natalie, she didn't even know when to stop. She continued with her story, then switched to Crypticville, followed by the success of Wentworths, and it went on and on. And I did what I did best - simply ignoring her tale.

-to be continued-

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Cool story. Has that Neil Gaiman + Tim Burton feel to it. :) Will want to read more.

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

then u have to wait coz it's gonna take some times before i can update the story.. and i guess u know why rite ;)

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Battery Powered Fan With Lights

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home