Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Nadir: Something Bloody Coming This Way

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I stared at the antic building in front of me. Aged for almost a century, it still preserved its classical value. Fortress of Crypticville, as it was called, was the only huge citadel in this small suburb village, very far away from other civilizations. For the Crypticvilleans, it was sacred to them. It represented the symbol of power and peace. They believed as long as it was still arrogantly standing, they were protected from evilness. In fact, they were saved from many mishaps since the fortress was built. And now, it served as a center of knowledge for young Crypticvilleans, and also for selected outsiders. Those to enroll into the Fortress of Crypticville must have a clean and pure background. Even a tiny ambiguity would not be tolerated.

I was one of the luckiest student to enroll in it, or should I say, was made lucky to be accepted. My name was Izabelle, and I didn’t even know what my last name was. In my offer letter, it was written as Izabelle d’Conway. In the past, I had been associated with Smith, Mayer, Andrews and also Connely. Having several last names was not something to be proud of. I felt like a major part of my life was missing. But I didn’t dare to question it. All my life, I’d been staying with The Master. Even though he wasn’t my biological father, but he was the one who raised me, and taught everything I knew and mastered. I had only one playmate, Mark, but he was more like an abuser to me. He hated me so much, I could feel it, but most of the time he was the one who saved me out from troubles. He would always come to the rescue, and he was the one responsible for my enrollment into the Fortress of Crypticville. Mark was a great hacker. He registered and created a new identity for me, with a crystal clear background. At the age of 20, with a flawless porcelain skin, a long straight auburn hair and a slim 5”4’ young adult, nobody would believe that I was the bad evil that should not be allowed to enter. How easily a look could disguise the truth.

I stared again at the building with great disbelief. This was going to be the first time I would be away from The Master for quite a long time, and from Mark. Sometimes I did wish for this moment to happen, despite it was only temporarily. Being free from strict orders was a relief. Having a chance to explore a new life by living with different people was a lifetime opportunity not to be missed. Only God knows how I longed for this. Maybe I could delay a bit the order, as long as it was executed perfectly, I didn’t smell any troubles.

I smiled contently, and walked through the entrance. Crypticville would never going to be the same again with me in it. Never.

-to be continued-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home