Saturday, December 02, 2006

Nadir: Whisper From the Past

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I woke up early the next morning. Natalie was still having her heavenly sleeping. I didn't intend to wake her up. I didn't even bother actually. With Mark around, getting acquainted with Natalie was the last thing in my to-do list.

I got myself equipped with all the necessary stuff to begin my first class with. Good impression would give great impact. A decent look could always fool people. That was what I made of, gifted with perfect beauty from the outside, but filled with killer instinct in the inside.

It was still early. I sat back on my bed. My eyes caught at the old bracelet I was wearing. It was rusted eaten by time. Suddenly the ancient memory was triggered. I was brought back to my past, to the time when it was all started...

The night was cold. I didn't understand why I was being left there, alone. Both of my arms were crossing my body. There was no light. I could only hear sounds of so many things that I couldn't identify. Once in a while I could feel the itchiness being bitten by the hungry mosquitoes.

My head was screaming. I didn't dare to cry. I could still remember when I had my first tears, I was hardly beaten by The Master. Since then I tried to stay strong, eventhough I fell in the inside.

Few minutes had gone by. I was still standing there, didn't know what to do. Suddenly I saw a light approaching. An old man was holding the torch. He stopped by and brought me home. He gave me food and a place to stay.

For months I accompanied the old man. I learnt to do things I never did before. He had many amazing skills. Without hesitating, he taught me all. I knew how to hunt different kind of animals. I could face many dangerous obstacles without being afraid. I knew how to heal myself. And most importantly, I became a great fighter.

One night, the old man entered my room. He gave me the bracelet, and said he would forgive me for what I were about to do. I didn't understand at first. But everything became clear the very next morning, when the old man lied beside me. His body was covered with blood.

It was my first kill. I killed many animals before, but never a human. That day, I'd completely transformed into an assassin, as The Master would always wanted me to be....

Natalie's yawning surprised me. Without realizing, for the first time after more than 10 years, I cried. I wiped my tears and straightly went out from the room.

-to be continued-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home