Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Nadir: Lady In Disguise

Image hosting by Photobucket


It was already 30 minutes past midnight. Natalie was deadly asleep, tired due to the long hours of orientation. It was just the perfect time for me to stroll through the citadel and familiarized myself with it.

Slowly I went out from my room and walked all the way through the aisle. I gave each and every corner a thorough look. Whatever I was about to do, it had to be well planned. Perfection was vital to The Master. No lead was allowed to be left.

I led my leg to the hallway. Thanks to Natalie's tale. I felt as if I were there when the feud took place. Everything seemed very clear and fresh. I could simply mirror the event if I were required to.

Suddenly a black figure at the end of the hallway caught my eyes. It directed me to come closer. Carefully I approached it. My gold dagger given by The Master was in ready position to be pulled out anytime when needed.

I boldly faced the figure. Nothing would scare this fully-trained assassin chick. From the way it looked, I could tell that he was a man. I waited for him to make the first move. He stared at me, and seconds later he pulled out his mask. What I saw really surprised me because he was no other than Mark!

"What are you doing here?" I demanded an answer.

"The Master sent me here, to watch after you," Mark answered.

"I got everything under control. You can go back and tell The Master that his mission will be done exactly as what he wanted it to be."

"Unfortunately he doesn't think that way. That's why I am here." His answer is just as cocky as he is.

Eventhough surprised with what I heard, I remained calm. I was taught not to let the emotion took over me. If The Master had given the order, then I shall obey it.

"Fine," I finally said.

Mark smiled contently. He wore back his mask, and disappeared. I breathed slowly. With Mark in here, I knew it will not be an easy task anymore. Every single move that I made, will be watched and reported. And one clumsy mistake, would cost my life forever. He definitely would wait for that moment, and I would never allow it to happen for sure. This is my vow.

-to be continued-


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home